Welcome to another round of AlphaBakes. We are well into the summer months now which is perfect for the letter that was randomly chosen for this month. I do hope that you will be able to join in as it's quite an easy letter and there are some seasonal ingredients that fit the bill. Before I tell you what letter it is, do make sure you check out Caroline's blog for last month's 'D' round up.
There is a special prize for 1 lucky entrant chosen at random from all eligible entries this month. You have to have a valid UK address to be eligible for the prize - please let me know in your email if it's not clear where you are based on your blog. The prize is kindly sponsored by Quarto Publishing. It's a copy of Perfecting Pattiserie by Tim Kinnaird. Tim is a pastry chef and owner of Macarons & More, which in July 2012 was awarded a Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Award. Tim launched the company after reaching the finals of BBC 1’s MasterChef 2010.
So without further ado, the letter for this month is 'R'.
Please remember to email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th July 2014. A quick reminder of the rules...
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to email@example.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
- Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
- Your blog post URL
- Recipe title
- Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)5. You can submit as many entries as you like.
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
9. Have fun! :)