Sunday 22 May 2011

Pecan and Butterscotch cookies


I still had some leftover butterscotch chips and was debating what to bake with them. I then saw this recipe on cookie sleuth's blog and knew I wanted to make it. I love the combination of butterscotch and pecans. It was a nice, crunchy, semi-sweet cookie with a good "oaty" flavour which makes it seem healthier! A definite improvement on these oatmeal scotchies I made earlier in the year.

 tablespoonfuls of dough 


 cross section 

227g butter
85g brown sugar
50g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
210g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
250g rolled oats
100g chopped pecans
220g butterscotch chips

  • Preheat oven to 180C.
  • Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
  • Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla extract.
  • Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Add the pecans and butterscotch chips and mix well. 
  • Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, place dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. 
  • Allow to cool on the sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

5 comments:

  1. Pecan and butterscotch...a great combination. Those cookies sound and look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a bag of butterscotch chips and havent used them yet. This is a great recipe, I'm going to keep it in mind.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks gorgeous...such a nice color...very tempting..
    new to your space...amazing blog you have...nice presentation with lovely collection of recipes..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite
    Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not cooked with pecan's yet, but I do very much like the sound of these - especially with butterscotch in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look excellent! I adore butterscotch. Wow. I wish that I had your cookies in front of me for dessert after my dinner this evening. Of course, I'd have polished them all off so none left for the next day, but one could always shop for more butterscotch chips...

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!