Thursday 29 July 2010

Monster Cookie


The cookie monster is back :) I just can't stay away from them... I love cakes but cookies are my real weakness. I saw these on brown eyed baker and knew I just had to make them. I made a few modifications as I didn't have all the ingredients to hand and they turned out really well! I have to say I much prefer the chocolate chip cookies which had a cleaner, simpler taste. Those are my favourite cookies to date and I would highly recommend them. Although I like peanut butter, I think the taste of peanut butter in this cookie was a little overpowering. Don't get me wrong, they were still very good particularly if you need a sugar hit! The other plus point is that this cookie is really easy to make as its a 'mix everything and bake' recipe. No need for any fancy kitchen equipment and if you're like me, you'd have all the ingredients to hand. 



mix everything together
cookie batter 
chopped Reese's peanut butter cups




Makes approx 56 cookies (size as shown)

3 eggs
110g caster sugar
100g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon golden syrup
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
115g butter
345g peanut butter
405g rolled oats (I only used 200g this time as that was all I had left)
60g plain flour (I used 150g to compensate for oats)
150g choc chips
6 Reese's peanut butter cups
185g M&Ms


  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Grease and line 2 baking sheets.
  • Stir eggs, vanilla, sugar, golden syrup, baking powder and salt.
  • Stir in butter and peanut butter.
  • Add oats and flour.
  • Finally add the chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, M&Ms (or whatever fillings you decide to use). 
  • Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
  • Scoop even sized dough on to the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
  • Allow to cool on a wire rack.

5 comments:

  1. These cookies heavenly! I am a huge cookie fan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so rich and good wiht the PB cups! Love the colourful m&ms inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry these weren't favs, but they look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fab cookies: f un and fabulous :)
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!